Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera file generator manual

Anyone knows where I can find the manual for the the camera File Generator?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,554 Views)

labview Camera File saved in your document  and you can find them and them open one of them with notepad change it information to your camera (you have to have enough information about your camera to change them correctly 
Also for driver you can use labview driver wizard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,443 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

I know how to open the camera files, what I didn't know was where to find help on how to use the camera file generator because I need to use it to create a camera file for a camera that is not supported by NI, the JAI GO5000M-PMCL.

With the help of the camera's manuel I could easily set the tap configuration to be able to acquire images with a PCIe-1433, but adding attributes so that MAX can edit camera parameters seems to be a little more complicated.

For now I have a set of LabVIEW VIs to set the parameters I need (exposure mode, exposure time and so on).

If anyone is interested in these VIs, just ask 😉

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,431 Views)

Dear sir:

I am interested to generate a camera file.

Now I am using Dalsa falcon2 -4M which is not supported by NI currently.

I modify the icd of falcon1. I can open it on Max but can not use the attribute (exposure time and frame rate..gain...)

Can you give me some suggestion and guideline to solve this problem.

Thanks

Best

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,238 Views)

I know it is possible to define all serial commands in the camera file but I have never tried.

What I usually do is write VIs to send serial commands to read/write all the settings I need.

See page 111, of this doc  it explains all the commands. Simply use the IMAQ serial write.vi

Untitled.png

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,194 Views)

Once you install the NI Camera File Generator, there is a Help link in the SW with documentation you are looking for.

Hope that helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,119 Views)

Hi, now finding myself in the same situation. Did you manage to generate a functional camera file for the SP-5000m-PMCL camera? I'd truly appreciate if you could give me advice, or share with me.

Kind regards,

Tycho.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,712 Views)

The attached camera config file should work for boards supporting the 8-tap configuration. The ANT command can be used to adjust frame rates appropriately.

With an NI-1433 board and 8-tap configuration I can get rates up to 997 fps.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,540 Views)

thanks for this file.

what or where is the ANT command?

I don't see that anywhere in the file. 

thanks for any advice. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,741 Views)

I'd be very interested to have the vi's for basic parameters setting!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,767 Views)