Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera file for NI frame grabber

I have a NI PCIe-1433 frame grabber, I want to use it with a Photonfocus MV1-2080-160-CL-12 camera. To set the camera up in NI MAX, it requires the so called 'camera file' (.icd file). Unfortunatelly, the camera file I found in NI's website is borken. 

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/nipc.product?asid=1102&pid=11422

If anyone has a working camera file for this camera?

Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,954 Views)

As to what I see is that the link you provided leads to a location from where you cannot download the camera file.  Something is wrong, but I see no chance to download a broken file from there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,874 Views)

Yes, some of the default camera files have bugs, one thing that surprises me with the one you mention is that line 5 is :

InterfaceInfo (1430) {

When I would expect to have :

InterfaceInfo (1433) {

Because here, it says that the supported hardware is 1433 and 1435. So just try to correct this and see what happens.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,850 Views)

camera files can be downloaded from NI's public ftp : ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/imaq/camera_support/camera_files/digital/

but before you get a camera, it is often good to check with NI camera advisor to see if the icd file exists.

if it doesn't, then you'll have to build it yourself with the cam file gen that you can get from here : ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/imaq/pc/ni-imaq/cfgenerator/3.0.1/

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 4 of 6
(3,848 Views)

I wrote an email to Photonfocus and followd their instructions and it worked. Here is their reply:

"Please download the "NI Camerafile Generator" from the NI website. You can find the *.icd file in our PFRemote\fg_files folder. Please open the icd and change the parameters:

Width 2080

Height 2080

PixelFormat CameraLink 2Tap with 80MHz Pixel clock"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,771 Views)

Glad you found a solution, having to edit ICD files is always a bit risky.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,763 Views)