From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basler ip camera IMAQdx error

Can you use the "Get Image Data" VI combined with a "write to binary file" for both the good case and the image where you get an error? If you post them here we can see if it is an error receiving the image or decoding it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(3,462 Views)

Hello BlueCheese,

Apologies for the late responce, for some reason i did not get an notification any more or i missed it. Anyways i tryed using the "get image data" and i got the same error in the same cases again, i have always gotten it at the configure aquisition. this time i repoduced the error by having the lens cap on it. When ever its on it will give me the error on start up. if i remove the cap and retry it works. 

Regards,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(3,428 Views)

Can you put a breakpoint after the configure succeeds, then put the lens cap on, and get the array contents from that point?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(3,418 Views)

Hey there,

I made the attached vi and ran it. What i did notice strait away was that the size of the aray decreses by alot after i put the cap on. is this the info you meant? the arrays ar roughtly 30.000 point to 55.000

Regards,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(3,401 Views)

@JeroenP wrote:

Hey there,

I made the attached vi and ran it. What i did notice strait away was that the size of the aray decreses by alot after i put the cap on. is this the info you meant? the arrays ar roughtly 30.000 point to 55.000

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

The decreased size makes sense because the data is JPEG-encoded and thus the size is typically proportional to the image complexity. Needless to say, a black image (such as when the lens cap is on) compresses very well.

Would you do me a favor and add a "Write To Binary File" in your VI and re-post these files as JPG files (just save the binary content under a JPG extension)? Your attached file as ASCII arrays would take me a bit of effort to convert back to binary manually.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(3,394 Views)

Hey there,

used the same program with a write to binary file, when prompted i saved them with .jpg as addtion. Im not sure that makes the files jpeg tho, for extra measure i attatced a vi which converts the string data to 1d array again, might need to type cast it but its the raw data.

Regards,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(3,382 Views)

Ps it is saved in LabVIEW 2014 let me know if you need it in a different version

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(3,381 Views)

Hello JeroenP,

I cannot open the VI (still stuck on 2013 SP1 on this pc).

However, the saved file does not seem to be a JPEG.

Can you use a VI like "IMAQ Write File 2" to save to JPEG?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(3,375 Views)

Hey,

That was what i already suspected. here is the raw data in 2013 LabVIEW, i can use the VI to save if you still need it after this.

Regards,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(3,371 Views)