Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

axis video server, acquisition from imaqdx

Hi everybody,

I'm working on the video acquisition from two canon VC-C4 cameras connected through an AXIS 2400 video server.

The video server is connected to the same network where there is also the computer I'm using with LabVIEW 8.6, VDM2010 and VASAugust2010 installed (so both video server and computer have the same subnet mask and default gateway).

I've read all the posts in the forum talking about video acquisition with IMAQdx but I couldn't find anything.

The cameras are accessible separately through an address like : http://XXX.XXX.XX.XX/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=1 where the X stand as the IP address of the video server. The video server is protected with a username and a password. If I type just the IP address of the server I can access to a webpage where I have the control of the two cameras.

The NI Measurement and Automation Explorer doesn't recognize any camera, the only thing that I could do with MAX it was to add a network device (Create New VISA TCP/IP resource) where I've used "Manual Entry of Raw Socket" setting the IP address of the video server and the port that it uses (80).

Is it possible to grab a video from the cameras connected to the video server using LabVIEW IMAQdx? How can I do that?

I can't use the solution with ActiveX control because I have to use remote panels with the web publishing tool.

Thanks in advance,

Ale

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,446 Views)

Hi Ale,

While we do support most Axis cameras natively with IMAQdx, this support does not currently extend to the multi-camera video servers. It is possible (though untested) that it might work, but there would be no way to control which camera to acquire from since there would be more than one video stream on the single device.

However, I believe the Axis 2400 is a much older model and doesn't support the same APIs that IMAQdx relies upon to discover and acquire from the camera. Something like their newer 241Q model might work out-of-the-box, but as I mentioned it is not tested.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,402 Views)

Hi Eric!

Thanks for the answer..unfortunately it is the same I thought.

I'll try with cheap usb cameras instead.

Cheers,

Ale

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,398 Views)

So could the Axis 241Q 0185-001-04 4 Channel Network Video Server vision or would it be best if I used a single network video server? I also have rhe Vision Assistance which I know I can enter the IP address.

I am using LabView 8.6 also.

JJ

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,515 Views)

Same answer as above... the support is only tested with their camera solutions. Certainly the 4-channel solution would not let you natively access all 4 channels in IMAQdx, if it worked at all.

Message 5 of 8
(3,510 Views)

So I would have a better chance with an Axis 247S Single Channel Video Networkk IP Security server encoder camera POE to work with the software.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,504 Views)

I cannot give you any definitive answer, as I have never tried to use those devices.

A device that could serve the same purpose and is known to work well with IMAQdx is this:

http://www.pleora.com/our-products/frame-grabbers/iport-analog-pro

(note that their multi-channel devices can only capture from a single channel at a time in IMAQdx).

Eric

Message 7 of 8
(3,490 Views)

Thanks for the information

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,391 Views)