Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aquire greyscale from imagingsource camera

Hi

I have a DMK 23UP031 camera from "imagingsource" which should output both geyscale and color. However when using MAX I get an error when selecting greyscale "decode missing". Using "imaging source" own software it works fine.

Has anyone a soluiton to this? 

My workaround has been to cast the image to greyscale after aquiring but this is very resuorce intensive.  

Message 1 of 4
(2,854 Views)

Hi Tommy1977, 

Have you ensured that the camera HW/SW is set up as per: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14423/en/

If this or the few troubleshooting steps the above article provides fail to help could we have any screenshots of the problem to help understand what's going on? Or more information on your HW/SW available/installed?

Thanks,
Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,806 Views)
if you are sure that your camera support both type but max do not accept grayscale one
first try to change timeout
and if still problem exist it show that NI interface is not support to connect this camera in gray scale mode
but for more information
some camera change between this two mode with manual way in their hardware setting
also any camera that support this two mode
it relative cmos or ccd have RGB filter and in this case you can have your grayscale by calculating
rgb intensity average in mode that your camera bayer is in simple mode
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,795 Views)

Hi Rebecca

I have setup the camera and downloaded the latest driver from Imaging source's webpage. 

I have included 2 screenshots showing the error when accesing /changing output image type in MAX

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,782 Views)