From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the fast way to id duplicated images ?

Hello,

IMAQdx can read out chunk data and other camera attributes, but only if those are exposed in the XML file. I took a look at an Allied Vision camera I have (Manta G-032C) and noticed that the XML file was missing chunk ports that would allow IMAQdx to parse the chunk data. In that specific case I was therefore not able to look at chunk data information via IMAQdx. This can vary based on camera vendor, model, firmware version, etc. If you open the camera in MAX, you should be able to look the Camera Attributes tab there to see all the things you can access in LabVIEW. You should be able to view any attribute that is exposed in the camera's XML file. Regardless, for any camera IMAQdx has metadata for each image as well. One thing you can definitely try is comparing the timestamp information (exposed as IMAQdxTimestampHigh and IMAQdxTimestampLow) to see if you have a new image. I have attached a VI here that does a Grab and reads the timestamp, so hopefully that will help you determine if you are getting stale data.

Katie

Message 11 of 12
(1,607 Views)

Nice explanation and solution, Katie!    I will refer this thread to colleagues who maintain our XML files and NI partner activities, to see if there is any chunk data tuning to be done.  But your IMAQdx metadata approach is probably an ideal approach for this NI-sponsored forum... since it should work independent of the camera make and model.

Hopefully the original poster will reply back in due course to report success with this approach.

Nice work.

Scott

Message 12 of 12
(1,603 Views)