From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision system with Labview, KUKA Robot, capture Image

Dear,
As a last year students we have a provocative project, where we must couple a vision system to KUKA robot.  We are from Belgium, so we can not write so good English.
At these project we use labview vision, the problem which rises is that we don't know how we can get picture from a camera on labview screen, i.e. detection or location of a object.
With  your aid we can complete our project successfully.
Thanks for your quick answer.
Copporilio Kerem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,637 Views)

ask about the USB Camera VI, its not free though, so im not sure if your budget will allow for it.

Message Edited by abachler on 05-07-2008 03:50 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views expressed by myself are not necessarily those of Imagination Engines, Inc. LLC

www.imagination-engines.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,625 Views)
First of all Thanks for your answer,

but we have already a camera(Ueye) ours problem is that we don't get the coordinates (i.e. cirkel detection, location of a object) from a object to the labview software screen. When we have the coordinates we will sent this one to the KUKA robot. So the robot can move to this place for pick up the object.

Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,604 Views)

I have done something similar to align and focus a laser.  The VI looks at the x-y co-ordinates and also measures the radius and roundness of the spot.  You may have difficulty finding an object if your lighting isn't correct.  You should select a plain background to maximise the object you are trying to detect. 

For information we use a Watec 902-B analogue CCIR camera and a PCI-1409 IMAQ card.  You will need Vision development software (at least version 7) as well as Labview.  You will also need IMAQ software and you may need other software if your camera is FireWire or USB.

The VI was writen in version 7.1.

I hope it points you in the right direction.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,583 Views)
Dan, firts of all Thanks for the information,

We will follow yours information and test the example as soon as possible.

best regards

Murtaza
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,581 Views)
Sorry, our Camera VI only feeds the video to labview. We have several VI's that can handle image recognition though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views expressed by myself are not necessarily those of Imagination Engines, Inc. LLC

www.imagination-engines.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,558 Views)
Hi murty68,
did you try the example from Dan? Where are your problems at the moment?
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,505 Views)

Karem,

Sounds like there are plenty of people willing to help you, but you really haven't given us much information about your system.

If you let us know what hardware (ie camera type - analogue, USB or Firewire and interface if any) and software (labview version, Vision development module version and IMAQ software) you are using we may be able to hlp you further.

A better description of the problem and some example code that you're trying to use would also help.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,492 Views)
Dan,

we can explain ours project:

- Camera, Gigabit Ethernet uEye UI-6220 models, CCIR (768x576), here is also the link http://www.ueye.com/frontend/catalog_detail.php?pID=762&form_KatTable=menue3&form_KatID=58&nav1=25&n...#

-Software: labview 8.5.1, NI vision 8.5.0, NI imaq 4.0.0, Vision builder 3.5.0

At these project we use labview vision, we use here serial cable for comminication with the robot KUKA, we can send 3 coordinates to the robot( X, Y, Z coordinates) so the robot moves to this coordinates.
But now the problem is, we use labview vision and a camera, with this camera(Ueye) we must get the coordinates of image(object) that we get from the camera on labview,
So will send this coordinates to the robot. But how can we get this coordinates on labview. Can someone send a example vi, an information or a solution

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,462 Views)
I am student and working on  the same Project in ermany and I want to take a contact with you, I am speaking french my Email is cybername@gmx.net
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,456 Views)