Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision height measurement of object

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, my project consist of a stationary camera placed near the ceiling. The task now is to enable the user to input a height, then the program will only track objects with said height. So far I have managed to create a program that tracks a single moving object using subtraction and centroid blocks in LabVIEW but I'm stuck with the height measurement. Most online sources say it is impossible to do so with just a camera since we do not know the distance between camera and object. Is this true? Or is there a way to do it on LabVIEW? I can upload my VI here if anyone requests.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,499 Views)

Hey, 

When it comes to using a camera to do measurements which are not just in a 2D plane and you need to do all the math required and cannot rely on the camera to do it for you. I wouldnt say its impossible for you to do this but you defintely need to find a way to do all the math. The math will get harder because you are looking for 3D measurements in a 2D image in pixels. I suggest you to reconsider your hardware configuration and positioning. This is very important and may reduce a lot of math to do. can you share with me what is your current hardware setup like? Any pics and/or diagrams are appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 4
(3,474 Views)
there are some method to do this but the resolution of your distance measurement is issue that you have to concern about it
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,452 Views)