From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision application crash. LabVIEW 2014 x64

Hello!

I have a large vision application, which provides image acuisition from GigE camera, and its handling.

I'm using different IMAQ functions: match pattern, compare golden template, particle filter, veryfy text etc.

Application built in LabVIEW (64-bit).

Everything works fine for some time, but after different number of inspections it unexpectedly crashes.

I have only a Windows message, which says: "Application has stopped working...".

But, if I build application in LabVIEW 32-bit, it never happend...

System using for application installer build:

Core i7-3517U

4Gb RAM

Windows 10 x64

LabVIEW 2014 SP1 f1 (64-bit)

LabVIEW 2014 SP3 f1 (32-bit)

Vision development 2015

NI-IMAQdx 14.5

System working with application:

Core i7-3610QE

8Gb RAM

Windows 8.1 x64

Thank you,

Nikita Dvorecky

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,038 Views)

Can you attach a crash dump file that the application generates? It should be listed in the information Windows pops up about the crash.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,027 Views)
you do not expose the image after your algorithm finish it work
you have to care about the your RAM esp when you use several algorithm
esp for 64 bit that allow you to allocate more RAM(3 Gig) to keep all of your data to be ready to operate in RAM also use wait for some of your algorithms for preventing CPU overflow it is one of thing cause your software stop make CPU to process large amount of data as fast as possible is not good idea
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,007 Views)

Are you monitoring the use of memory and CPU of your application? Can you share some screenshots?

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,983 Views)

I solved the problem.
The issue disappeared when I have updated Labview 2014 from SP1f1 to SP1f3.

Thanks everybody for help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,747 Views)

Hi, everyone!

Unfortunately, the problem with the appliaction crash appeared again. Application may work for a long time (several hours of intensive work), but then windows displayed message "Application has stopped working...".

I opened crash dump file in windbg and found those information:

The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(2e0.16b4): Unknown exception - code c0000374 (first/second chance not available)
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for lvalarms.dll -
lvalarms!FPGASimulationTimingSourceManager__NATIONAL_INSTRUMENTS_lvalarms+0x19c:
00000000`0a092c7c 90 nop

FPGA is not using in my application. My guess is that this error is connected with using of timed loops, but I wanted to collect more information about it.

So, could anybody help me with this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,084 Views)

Additional to message above:

I found the post "LabVIEW 8.5.1 Timed Loops Crash on Computers with Four or More Cores", but it was reported at 07.05.2008 and it affected LabVIEW 8.5.1...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,083 Views)

You sespect time loops.

Time loops are needed for the image acquasition or the processing?

If you disable the processing and have only the image acquasition runing does it still happen?

Amit Shachaf
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,066 Views)

Amit Shachaf, thanks for you answer!

Yes, I suspect timed loops at first. I use timed loops in tasks of digital input/output control, camera communication and in some others tasks.

I replaced them by while loops, but there may require a long time of testing to get the result.

So, I'd like to get any other assumptions, while I'm doing the tests.

Best regards,

Nikita

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,063 Views)

New update...

I replaced timed loops with while loops. Now I'm getting another excetion in CrashDump file:

(ce4.638): Unknown exception - code c0000374 (first/second chance not available)
ntdll!NtWaitForMultipleObjects+0xa:
00007ff8`cade178a c3 ret

Are there any assumptions?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,019 Views)