From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Builder Remote API Second instance

I am seeing some odd behavior on a machine using Vision builder remote API: the remote API initializes as usual and around a minute later it looks like a second instance opens. That window doesn't popup when I click on it, but lets me preview it by hovering my mouse over it. The machine ran normally for a week or two with only one Vision Builder icon showing on the taskbar, and now it always has two (when running) regardless of restarting the machine etc. I haven't updated any code related to the remote API, so does anyone have a good explanation for why it showed up or recognize the preview? It doesn't affect performance which is good, I just want to know whether I should worry about it.Vision Builder error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,615 Views)

That certainly does not seem normal, but also does not seem extremely concerning. It did not happen for me when I tried on my Windows machine.

1. Do you have 2 tasks in Windows Task Manager?

2. Does this happen if you run a localhost example as well?

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2015\Examples\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples

----

Aaron F.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,578 Views)

Hi All,

Do we have solution for this Post ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,328 Views)

Hi Saran,

I can't find anything internally to indicate this post ever developed into a service request. Are you seeing the same behavior? If so, have you tried the troubleshooting steps posted by Aaron? We're especially interested to know if there are duplicate processes running in task manager. If there are not, this is likely a cosmetic issue and nothing to be concerned about. It would be helpful if we could isolate this to either a particular inspection file or to general behavior of the API. Please follow the steps listed below to try to run a remote inspection with an example file so we can see if the behavior persists.

1. Open the LabVIEW API Example (Remote) located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2015\Examples\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples\LabVIEW API Example (Remote).vi
  2. Run the application, connect to your remote target, and select a vbai inspection. It would be preferable if you could run a vbai inspection that we shipped with the driver, rather than your own

If the behavior does not manifest for this test, we can be confident that the issue is specific to user code. If that is the case, would you be able to post a small code example that reproduces the issue? This would make it much easier for us to troubleshoot.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,321 Views)