cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Builder Array & Calculator Features

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a question about VBAI. I could not find these features in the software and I could not be sure if software actually has these features or not. So, I just wanted to ask here, and if those features do not exist I will post it to Vision Idea Exchange.

- When I deal with arrays in VBAI, on the calculator step, I can not see the results of all element calculations under the measurements tab. Only a few of them are visible, and there is no way to scroll left-right to see others.

Also, when I try to use these array results on the Custom Overlay Step, I can only use them as integer, without any choice of string format.

calculator.jpg

Are there some other ways of doing these or not?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,442 Views)

sevincom,

Your first question regarding the number of visible elements in the array cannot be changed. I was unable to find a method to display different array elements or expand the number that are shown.

In your question regarding the Custom Overlay step, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you cannot use them in string format. I was able to create a 1D array with a numeric data type and a 1D array with a string data type and use both of them in a custom overlay. Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do with the "string format"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,406 Views)

Thank you for your response.

Below image can explain what I mean better. I create a numeric 1D array, where the elements are fractional. But I can not overlay them as fractional or other formats in the custom overlay step. It is only possible as integer number. I tried this with creating the array as system variable, inspection variable and the result is same for both.

custom_overlay.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,400 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sevincom

I'm seeing the same behavior on my end with numeric arrays. I want to play with it some more, but I will likely be filling a CAR for this.

As a workaround, you can convert the numeric array to a string array. It seems string arrays display the decimal portions correctly after conversion. I would suggest using the Number to Fractional String function, located in String->String/Number Conversion. This will let you input a 1D array of DBLs and specify the precision.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,390 Views)

Thank you. I think it works fine for the overlay function.

I hope there will be some improvement about expanding visible array elements in the calculator step Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,378 Views)

I created an action item to fix the Overlay step not displaying the formatting options for numerics when they are a 1D Numeric Variable.

I also created an action item to use a tree for displaying the results of the Calculator and Run LabVIEW so you can see all the results for an array if you expand the array parent item.

You can also go to Tools>>View Measurements to view all the results for the inspection.

Hope this helps and thanks for the feedback

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,339 Views)