cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Builder AI import inspection error "Invalid Inspection file selected."

I am attempting to import an inspection into another and get an error 

Open Inspection:

-Invalid inspection file selected

I have been able to successfully import other inspections in the past but for some unknown reason these two inspections that I am trying to merge are having trouble..

Thank you

Pete

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,888 Views)
Hi Pete,
-Is it possible to upload the inspection file for which you are getting this error?
-Can you explain more on this inspection file? What it does?
-From where did you get this or you created this file? If so, from what version of VBAI it is created and what version you are using?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,874 Views)

Thank you Uday for you time on this.  Due to much of this inspection states have proprietary customer information I can't share the full inspection file as it was. However I was able to delete every state of the inspection and yet they still will not import.  I've attached two inspection (both are empty) and they still result in the error when I try to import on into the other.  See attached.

The other thing I just noticed, and this might be a symptom of the underlying issue, is that that file size of the inspection is remaining Very large.  11mb and it is an "empty" inspection.   The inspection file size did not reduce despite deleting all the states... hmmm..   Files are too big to load both at once so I'll have to try posting them separately.

I am unable to post examples as the limit is 6mb.   Any thoughts on how this file is remaining so large??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,858 Views)

I echo Uday's questions:

-Can you explain more on this inspection file? What it does?
-From where did you get this or you created this file? If so, from what version of VBAI it is created and what version you are using?

Providing this information will help us to understand what's causing the file to be so large and cause an error when you attempt to import it.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,838 Views)

Is it using a custom UI. This is saved with the inspection and if you have a lot of code behind the UI, this could explain it. Can import one of the shipping examples just to make sure the import works since we don't have problems with that here. I think you can post large files on the FTP site:

Open a file browser to c:\ for example (I do it this way since Internet Explorer doesn't let me drag files to a URL). Then paste this URL in there:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming/

then drag your file to here and let us know when it's there and what it's called.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,820 Views)