Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Assistant generating C code without .uir on Labwindows/CVI

Hi Everybody,
I would like to create a generic machine vision application with image control under Labwindows/CVI,
I created a script with Vision assistant unfortunately by generating my c code , the C creation wizard didn't shows the windows of selecting the control and indicator to create on the front panel.
I found :
- main code.c
- processing.c
- processing.h
- NImachineVision.c
- nimachinevision.h
But not an interface.uir
Which file will i modify? all five? and which ".fp" file should i add?
Please help me.
Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,604 Views)

Hi Arrouma,

If you take a look at the Read Me for the NI Vision Development Module 2015 SP1, you'll find what you are looking for:

NI Vision Development Module 2016 Readme - http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375127d.html

Once the page is up, search for the term "CVI" and you'll find this:

NI Vision for LabWindows/CVI
NI Vision C Support Help—Contains reference information about NI Vision C functions.
NI Vision for LabWindows/CVI User Manual—Describes how to create machine vision and image processing applications in LabWindows/CVI using the NI Vision Development Module.
Function panel help within LabWindows/CVI—Allows you to right-click within each Vision function to access help for that function, control, function class, and function library. Function panels are installed at National Instruments\Shared\CVI\Bin\NIVision.lfp.
NI Vision LabWindows/CVI example programs are installed at <Users>\Public\Public Documents\National Instruments\CVI\samples\Vision.

So it looks like there are some examples that should help you figure this out located at: <Users>\Public\Public Documents\National Instruments\CVI\samples\Vision.

Regards,

George B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,560 Views)

I understand you, but my problem is that i wanted to create my applications faster without typing code using Vision assistant and then generating my script into a c and .uir . but i found that it's not efficient like in Labview by generating a vi code.
So i think that i have to follow your steps and create my own code.
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,549 Views)