Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition with Arduino and LabVIEW

Hi All,

I know this is provably useless for most of you but I have been working in a hobby project that allows Arduino to acquire low resolution images and sends it back to a PC using LabVIEW and NI vision.

This might be relevant for some of the low budget University projects involving robotics and low performing machine vision.

Worth checking out I guess.

Here is the link.

Message 1 of 4
(4,211 Views)

This is a great idea and awesome that you pulled it off. You may want to check out the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino (LIFA) at www.ni.com/arduino. It takes care of all of the LabVIEW to Arduino serial communication and its all open source and free. It even allows wireless communication via Xbee or Bluetooth. If nothing else it might give you some ideas for implementing communication between LV and the Arduino. It would be cool to see you integrate this with LIFA. If you plan on working with LIFA post on the community forum (also at www.ni.com/arduino) and we'd be happy to help you integrate this with the toolkit.

Keep tinkering,

-Sam

LIFA Developer

Message 2 of 4
(4,192 Views)
Dear sir,

I am doing a project in robotics which will b useful for agricultural purpose. So i need to do image processing and the result of the same should send to the robotic arm that is the signal has to sent to actuate the motor. Now my doubt is, how can i send the output of the image processing to the ardino board for further process? Please help me sir.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,226 Views)

Hi appu8055,

The thread you have responded to is over 3 years old, so the original authors are probably not monitoring this anymore.  Feel free to create a new thread for your question and solicit help that way.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,211 Views)