Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition Problem

I have Problem in Vision Acquisition when I click double click on it, it doesn't appear to me "NI-IMAQdx Device" it is just appear to me "Simulated acquisition" why?

How an i solve it?

Any Help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,246 Views)

Hi

Very quick question have you installed the IMAQdx driver after Vision Assistant? If you have, it should appear. If not, then re-install IMAQdx(Vision Acquisition).

This also depends on the type of camera. If the camera cannot be found by the system then there are no options to show you other than Simulate Acquisition. Make sure the camera is plugged in, powered on and configured correctly. i.e. if it is Gig-E make sure that the IP Addresses are correct.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,240 Views)

Yes, i'm installing vision Acquisition and i'm using my Webcam of lap not USB cam.

and what is "Vision Assistant" and how can i download it? ,i just install vision Acquisition

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,235 Views)

Which software are you using to acquire the images?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,222 Views)

Greetings;

To add to the questions that Mike has asked, would this camera appear in MAX? If the camera does not appear in MAX, you will not be able to acquire with it either in LabVIEW or the stand-alone Vision Assistant.

Since it is an integrated camera, it probably will need to publish information through DirectShow such that it can be picked up by our drivers. Do you know if the camera does so?

Cordially;

Simon P.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,190 Views)

NI Vision Module is designed to help develop and deploy machine vision applications . Includes hundreds of functions to acquire, process images , location of features, identify objects and measure parts.

The Vision Development Module ( VDM ) presents image processing functions for LabVIEW , C / C , Visual Basic, and . NET . VDM functions are used for image processing some of them are : pattern matching, particle analysis , edge detection , threshold , histograms and optical character recognition . Furthermore, VDM includes Vision Assistant and code generation tool similar to VBAI . Vision Assistant is a useful tool to develop and test a series of image processing steps and code generation .

Vision Builder for Automated Inspection ( VBAI ) is a standalone development environment that requires no programming . VBAI includes over 100 of the most used VDM tools , including : pattern matching , OCR , and particle analysis . VBAI can run programs on remote destinations , and also has the ability to configure the remote targets .

Vision Acquisition Software ( VAS ) is a set of drivers and utilities functions to acquire, display and save images from any camera NI GigE Vision camera , or IEEE 1394 (Firewire ) and USB . VAS is included in both VDM and VBAI .

You can perform image acquisition only drivers from VAS , but for any treatment or handling or VDM VBAI you need , plus VAS . You can download the evaluation software from the following links :

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,027 Views)