From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video frame rate change from video to video

HI all ,

when I use labview 2013 I found some strange in acquiring avi video

when I acquire video from my computer the fps change from video to another one

some video fps reach 800 fps and other reach 180 fps what is the problem 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,138 Views)

Hello,

It could have to do with the codec that you are using. Here is a KB that goes through codecs in LabVIEW. Can you tell us what kind of camera you are using and any changes in your code that results in the slower frame rate?

-Erik S

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,117 Views)

Thank you for your replay

first I didn't use any camera, I play avi video from my computer

the video that reach 800 fps is downloaded from internet

but the videos that reach 200 fps , I converted them from mp4 to avi (MJPEG)

I understand from your answer if I change the the codecs , the fps could be accelerated <can you tell me the fastest codec that I can use? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,110 Views)

A lower frame rate is actually expected behavior if you are playing video through LabVIEW. This KB explains that LabVIEW analyzes the video one frame at a time and keeps it in the system memory on the CPU.  This can result in slower frame rates during playback. If you would like to simply view video through your front panel, it may be a good idea to embed Windows Media Player in the VI through an ActiveX control.

-Erik S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,099 Views)

I use iDealshare VideoGo to change video frame rate from 1 to 60 especially among 23.97fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 50i/p, 60i/p, 72p, 120p, 300p and etc;

It can change frame rate of video files of all variety like change AVI frame rate, change MP4 frame rate, change frame rate of MOV, Apple ProRes, R3D, AVCHD, WMV, MKV, VOB, DV, WTV, FLV, SWF, MXF, RMVB and more;

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,234 Views)
could you show your code that you use to acquiring avi video?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,180 Views)