Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle recognition

Hello guys,

As part of ADAS analysis I would like to perform vehicle recognition (not plate recognition), I mean only evaluate presence of some car in front of my car. I have recorded video and now I need to create vi which would be able to decide if some car is in front of my car in given time of my drive. Could you give me some hint how I could make it, please? I have already tried IMAQ color Histogram and compared mean values with reference image but without success. 

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,543 Views)
what is your labview version
also send image of you recorded video
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,540 Views)

Thank you Hafter.fouladi for fast reply. My LabVIEW version is 15 (2015) with Vision Development Module. 

I attatched two pictures, one with car in front and second without car in front and I need to get VI which could recognise presence of a car in MY lane. 

Thank you in advance for any hint

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,538 Views)
ok
what I see you want to do something that is not easy
you have to do many thing to handle this
I introduce one help but you have to work hard
in first step you have to use auto irsis lend to control light based on histogram
study a bit about tracking vi in vision toolkit and in machine vision part
but I have to told you that it is not easy work there is many think yo do
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,527 Views)

Martin,

there are many R&D groups in automotive companies around the World trying to solve with this task. Do you really think that somebody gives you the solution on the Machine Vision forum?

I wish you good luck!

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,498 Views)

Thank you both for quick reply.

To Hatef.fouladi: Thanks for some ideas where I could find more information.

To okubik: I know that it's not easy topic and of course that I don't expect that someone send me whole solution of this problem but as I mentioned before, I just wanna know some hints or way which I could use.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,483 Views)