From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDM 2014 - IMAQ Bayer to RGB - Greyscale(U16) -> RGB(U64)/RGB(U32)

I have a 12-bit bayer raw image acquired from a buffer pointer that I have mapped to a U16 IMAQ object . When I tried to convert this to a color RGB U64 image using IMAQ Bayer to RGB, the result looks nearly black and white and no changes to the Bayer Filter layout will make a difference. This still ocurrs even if I try to convert it to a color RGB U32 image.

I don't think I see anything wrong with the 12bit bayer raw image and it looks fine when I change it to 8bit bayer raw image output (with conversion to RGB U32). Just wanted to double check if I am doing anything wrong...or why the image is so dark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,266 Views)

Do you have the bit-depth of your U16 Vision images set to 12-bit (Via IMAQ Image Bit Depth VI)? Without it might be assuming a full 16-bit depth which would then give you really low intensity going into the bayer calculations.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,237 Views)

Thank you so much for your help. It completely escaped me that I hadn't yet set the bit depth - that solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,234 Views)