Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI server communication

Hi everybody,

I need solve one problem in my final thesis. It is possible to acquire image from server via. FTP or TCP/IP or another protocol (better if it will be cryptographic protocol), then process inspection and finally send data (.txt file and final image) to server back. And another problem with acquiring data from server is time synchronization. It is possible to connect to server from another PC and acquire image from a server acording to some name or date or time or something defined stamp.

Thank you very much for every answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,145 Views)

On which target are you running Vision Builder AI? A Windows PC or one of NI's embedded targets such as a smart camera or Compact Vision System. If so, which model?

The acquisition from a FTP server is the trickiest part as there are no built-in functionality to do that.

Instead of a FTP server, could it be a shared directory instead? Assuming you're working with PCs only and shared directory is an option, you could mount directory as a drive, and use the Simulate Acquisition step to read from that mounted drive. You can specify a previous result for the path of the image to read, so you could use a Calculator Step, or Run LabVIEW step to build the name of the file to read and keep track on the time stamps.

If your application requires being able to read from a FTP server, my recommendation is to write a separate LabVIEW application, that reads the correct file from the FTP server, and saves it in an image shared variable.

You could use another shared variable to notify Vision Builder that the image is ready.

Vision Builder AI can then read the image shared variable that you can use as a source image for processing using the Select Image step.

Saving the image and data back to the FTP server is a lot easier as Vision Buider ships with built-ion functionality to do that. Check out the Image Logging and Data Logging steps in the Use Additional tools tab to do that.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,134 Views)