From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI--image acquisition misframe problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have a smart camera, NI 1776C. When i tried to acquire the image, after 4 or 5 images, it will pop out a weird half misframe image. This will not suitable for my auto image acquisition. 

I've attached a normal pic and a misframed pic to let you guys have a better version about this problem. 

Could anyone help me on this? 

Thank you so much and appreciated it. 

Normal picture

2.PNG

misframe picture

1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,639 Views)

What version of VBAI are you using? If you reboot, is it fine? Does it start off good and then becomes bad, or is it always good all the time or bad all the time? If you decrease your image size to 640x480, does it always work? Are you doing triggering and sending triggers to the camera while it might be in the middle of an acquisition?

Let us know the answer to these questions and that might help us understand your setup better.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,628 Views)

Hi Brad, 

Thanks for reply. 

I am using Vision Builder AI 2013. Reboot doesn't make any difference. It start off just fine and then became bad, sometimes good sometimes bad. But in general 2 bad pictures out of  10 pictures total acquirement. Basically what i am saying is it random showed up this misframe issue. 

Image size doesn't make any difference either. Right now i am just click the acquire image button and save image manually. I tried auto acquire and it showed the same problem. 

Looking forward your reply, 

Thanks 

Rex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,614 Views)

If you go straight to Inspection mode after reboot, does it still happen? Can you upgrade VBAI to 2014 SP1 or use MAX to install the latest IMAQdx driver on the smart camera? What acquisition mode are you using (in the Trigger tab of the acquisition step)? Can you try all three acquisition modes (Wait for Next, Immediate (default), and Every Image) and see if the behavior changes with any of the modes.

Sorry I don't have more specific recommendations...haven't seen this before, so not sure what could cause it. Do you have a monitor hooked up so you can see if the image dispalyed on the video out also looks messed up?

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,612 Views)

Thanks Brad. 

I will try to update the software to 2014 version to see if there is any changes. The acquisition mode i used was Trigger tab which located on the right if we open the acquire Image function in VBAI. I don't think the acquisition mode is the issue, cause i tried other mode. 

Wait for next, Immediate, and every image still the same problem. 

I tried video mode (acquire continuous images) just now, same problem. 

I had the camera facing the wall, it supposed to acquire the wall picture, but what make this weird is it will acquire the button area which not supposed to be in the picture. 

Thanks for help.

Rex

IMG_1413.JPG Lens Facing position 

IMG_1412.jpgNormal pic

IMG_14.jpgBad Pic

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,604 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rex678805

Are you setting the "Flip Horizontal" or "Flip Vertical" setting? What if you set it to the full image size? If neither of these makes a difference, let us know how it works after the upgrade.

Did you confirm the video out shows the same image?

I'll check with our support team if they have heard of this before.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,600 Views)

Hi Brad,

This is the video i just record from my phone.  Take a look at this please. The mode i used is acquire continuous images.

Thanks

https://youtu.be/P30hLX-Pdv0

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,595 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rex678805

If you have the camera set to the full image sensor size instead of a smaller AOI does it still show a problem?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,586 Views)

Tried back to the full size. Looks normal right now. I will wait to test it again. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,578 Views)