Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI - Adjust Precision of Limits

Hey Everyone,

We are using Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (VBAI) and were wondering if there was a way to set the precision of the inspection limits. Currently we convert from pixels to mm and when setting limits VBAI will round to 2 decimal places. Is there a setting to carry that out to the third decimal place (or more)?

I have tried the below with no luck:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5101142853D5F707862578F800702E03

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/format_specifier_syntax/

and I used NumericFormatString=”%.3g”

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,099 Views)

What step(s) are you having trouble with. I believe even though you can only see two digits of precision, the step is actually using the value you typed in (and just rounds for display purposes). Providing a list of steps where this is a problem for you would help us prioritize what steps to update first if we address this issue. I will create a document to track this change request so we can evaluate fixing this in future versions.

The links you mentioned are for changing the format of the numeric data that the data logging step writes to file.

Thanks,

Brad

Message 2 of 4
(5,093 Views)

Hi Brad,

When using VBAI its any step with a limit that is a direct measurement off of our part print, we make those measurements typically using the below tools.

Geometry - Distance Point Line

Caliper (Min/Max Distance)

Max Caliper (Occasionally)

With those particular limits it would be nice to be able to set the precision as on the print sometimes it will only be two places but could potentially be upto 4 places past the decimal point. The other tools we use have values that we create based on how our machine measures a boundary sample vs good part so the precision is not required.

If you need any additional information let me know and Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,075 Views)

Thanks for the information. I will add this to our list of feature requests.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,071 Views)