Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI 2015 64 bit Hang

While testing VBAI 2015 64 bit in evaluation mode I noticed that most of the user interface functions such as pulldown menus, dialong buttons hang up (briefly flash but dont do anything) as I am just beginning to create a new application.

I have found a workaround.  On the start menu, if I select Properties/Compatability, and set the application to "run as ddministrator" then these hangups do not appear to happen.

I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, Service Pack 1 on a Dell Precision T3500 with an Intel W3530 Xeon CPU and 14 GB of memory.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,254 Views)

Hello Nelson-Bridwell,

Is your computer and network managed by an IT group? Does VBAI exhibit this behavior on other computers as well? The firewall and\or antivirus programs may have security settings enabled that are causing VBAI to behave incorrectly. I would try temporarily disabling all antivirus and firewalls and verify if the behavior persists.

Regards, 

j_bou

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,236 Views)

No, this PC is not on an IT group.

It is running Norton Internet Security.

Turning off "run as administrator" mode, I found that the problem goes away if I tell Norton to temporarily disable Smart Firewall and Smart-Protect, which is not a real option for a PC connected to the internet.  So run as administrator will remain on.

Really strange that the UI hangs because of anti-virus software.  I can understand camera connectivity issues, but the application UI?  Strange.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,230 Views)

check your fire wall also why do not right click on VBAI and go to property and
tick privilege level to always run as administrator

privilage level.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,196 Views)