From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 50 pin I/Os on PCIe-1473R cameralink board

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, dear all,

I am wondering if there is the pinout map of the 50 pin I/O on the PCIe-1473R cameralink frame grabber.

Although there is a extension board could attach the card (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372736b.pdf), I wan to directly connect the 50 pin out instead buying another card since we just simply want to use the DIOs.

Thanks.

Best.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,528 Views)

I do have the same question !  
can't find any related document  :'( :'(

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,512 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cychang0829

Because this is a proprietary connection meant for internal use with the specific I/O extension board, I am pretty sure the pin-out is not documented anywhere. I'd also have concerns about using the I/O directly as the circuits were not designed for direct use and may not have much in the way of protection against damaging the board like most external I/O signals have. There is a chance you could damage the board as a result.

Message 3 of 4
(2,504 Views)

I am using this card with the connection board for a while (hundreds of tools in the field since 2012).

The FPGA card is very expensive. The I/O board is relatively cheap.

The I/O board has protections on the I/O.

It is fairly good design. We don't get many issues that make us change the cards in the field.

By design we are not connecting to the I/O on the FPGA board (I/O 0). That way we keep the FPGA card protected.

Amit Shachaf
Message 4 of 4
(2,495 Views)