Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a Point Grey Chameleon Camera in LabVIEW

Adrian,

You can confirm it is not an issue with IMAQdx by verifying that the Point Grey camera does not appear in other DirectShow applications such as Microsoft NetMeeting, other video conference apps, or utilities that Microsoft provides such as AMCAP.

As for figuring out what is wrong with the Point Grey driver install, I'm afraid I am unable to help you. I've struggled with their installers in the past with regards to upgrades from existing versions and I've run into similar-sounding issues. Luckily I have the luxury of simply re-imaging a test machine to a pristine state.

Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(4,115 Views)

Hi  Il Papu,

I have the same problem with the same Point Grey camera (Chameleon)

Did you find out how to solve this problem or not?

Marius

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,921 Views)

Marius,

I was able to partially fix the problem.  I got the camera to work once I purchased Vision 2009.  This solution only worked for a 32 bit system.  My Windows 7 64 bit system still does not recognized the Point Grey camera.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,897 Views)

I had a similar problem with the Point Grey Chameleon.  I had the latest version of FlyCap Software (the PtGrey drivers) and what I had to do was follow the instructions on the Point Grey Knowledge Base article 310.  Here it is copied.

CAUSE:
Sometimes when installing or upgrading the FlyCapture SDK, the DLL files that enable the camera driver to work with DirectShow interfaces are not registered to the Windows Registry. As a result, DirectShow applications do not work with the camera. When this happens, you must register the DLLs manually.

ANSWER:

To register DirectShow DLLs manually:

1. Open the Windows Command Prompt utility
  2. Navigate to the \bin folder in the FlyCapture directory.
    • For FlyCapture 1.x installations, the default path is C:\Program Files\Point Grey Research\PGR FlyCapture\bin
    • For FlyCapture 2.x installations, the default path is C:\Program Files\Point Grey Research\FlyCapture2\bin
  3. Execute the following commands:
    regsvr32 PGRDirectShowDecoder.ax
    regsvr32 PGRDirectShowSource.ax

Note:  If this procedure results in error 0x80004005, run the Command Prompt utility under elevated privileges. To do this, right click on the Command Prompt shortcut icon and select Run as…Administrator.

Message 14 of 16
(3,786 Views)

So are you saying you got it to work in a Win 7 64-bit environment?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(3,779 Views)

The way to make it work for Win7:

1) install Flycapture2.2.3.14 x64

2) install Flycapture2.2.3.14 x86

I was able to make it run after installing these drivers in that exactly sequence (maybe reversed one will work as well).

Flycapture 1.x doesn't seem to work for Win7 period. At least i wasn't been able to run it at all after trying everything there was to try. Installing just Flycapture2.2.3.14 x64 also doesn't work by itself.

www.xinstruments.com - Custom Software for Industrial Automation

www.hdrconverter.com - Picture processing made easy

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,082 Views)