Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating an image display - property node vs. local variable vs synchronous display...

Hi,

let's just assume I have an application with 3 normal image displays.

The images displayed are always showing the same image reference, which is updated 3-4 times in a multi-step manual assisted processing application.

That means, theoretically, if I chose synchronous display, I wouldn't need to update my image displays. This method does not work for me - it takes multiple seconds to update data that should be there within ~500-700ms.

(Any idea how I can configure the update rate of a synchronous display? Then again.. that seems like a waste of resources to me.)

So I have 2 working solutions for this:

localvar.pngrefresh.png

Both are pretty fast and perfectly OK for my current application, but I will be facing a much more time- and resource-critical similar task in the near future. 

So I was wondering if anyone with more insight in the inner workings of Vision can answer me which of these solutions works better at which conditions.. or if there is any difference that I'm not seeing.

Thanks,
Birgit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,493 Views)

It sounds like you want to enable Snapshot mode on the image display controls. Note that you will then need to wire the image to the display reference each time that you want the display to be updated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,485 Views)