cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Error when using USB3 Vision with PixeLink D725CU-T

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have recently purchased a PixeLINK PL-D725CU-T camera for use with LabVIEW. The camera is a USB 3.0 camera and follows the USB3.0 Vision standard as per the AIA website here: http://www.visiononline.org/product-catalog-detail.cfm?productid=4196.

Unfortunately, when I try to set the camera up using the USB3.0 NI-IMAQdx Vision Acquisition Drivers and run the camera in MAX I get Unknown Error 0xBFF6903B. I have a vision capture program I've written in LabVIEW 2016-64-bit as well that throws the same error (I have SSP and have updated everything to most recent software versions as a part of my troubleshooting).

The camera works throught the DirectShow interface in MAX and my LabVIEW program suggesting an incompatibility with the current IMAQdx driver. I've read some previous posts about updating firmware on the cameras and am currently in contact with the manufacturer to try to resolve the issue on that end as well. Is there a way to rollback to a previous version of Vision Acquisition to see if an older version worked? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit system. I have LabVIEW 2016 32-bit and 64-bit versions installed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,394 Views)

Can you try with PixelLink software and check it it works with that?

-Did you connect to USB3 port only or through hub?

-What vision acquisition version you have?

Not sure how you can degrade the vision acquisition but you can try downloading the specific version and try installing : http://www.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n8:13.79.7820,ssnav:n...

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,375 Views)

Hi James,

There has been some known compatibility issues with PixeLINK cameras (CARs 570343 and 597913 have already been filed). There has been a patch that addresses some of these issues. You mentioned you have SSP, can you create a service request (ni.com/support or (866) 275-6964) and have the Applications Engineer contact myself (Sam K.) so that we can see if this patch helps solve your issue? If it does not we may be able to work with you to continue troubleshooting directly.

Regards,

Sam K.

Message 3 of 6
(4,373 Views)

@udka

The camera definitely works. I'm able to use the DirectShow interface with LabVIEW (32-bit only since I have a 32-bit PixeLINK driver)/MAX and with the PixeLINK software when the PixeLINK USB driver is installed. I run into the issue when trying to use the IMAQdx USB3 Vision driver and the GenICam interface as mentioned in NI Whitepapers on USB3 Vision.

1. It is through a USB3 port directly.

2. I have Vision Acquisition 16.0.0. I have tried with 15.5 as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,365 Views)

Hi Sam,

I've received the patch already I believe from the PixeLINK support I contacted (shut down WebAppServer, replace some .dll's, start it back up, run an installer), but I'm more than willing to try it again. Never know if I was accidently sent a wrong file or something like that.

I've already submitted a service ticket, but I'll update it with your name.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,362 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author james.macmillan

This issue was solved with a firmware update from PixeLINK as well as the patch you mentioned which was provided by both NI support and PixeLINK support.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,194 Views)