From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load camera's XML file

We are using IMAGQdx v 5.5.0f0 and run into a problem with a GiGe camera.

The camera is seen, but when opening it we get ERROR 0xBFF6901D Unable to load camera's XML file.

However, we see in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data\XML that the XML file was downloaded correctly (see attached, we had to zip it to be able to send it with this post).

We also can perfectly operate the camera using e.g. GigE Software from Pleora and the XML file validates on Genicam.

Any ideas what could cause the problem?

Best regards,

Max

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,105 Views)

Hi Max,

Generally this occurs if the camera registers return an unexpected error at any point while IMAQdx is traversing the camera feature tree from the Root node on down and trying to determine which features are accessible or not. If the XML file uses pImplemented/pAvailable to change the accessibility of nodes dynamically, it can cause XML load issues if those accesses fail.

My suggestion would be to use Wireshark and look for failed register accesses. Cross-referencing those to addresses in the XML file should yield the node causing the problem.

Eric

Message 2 of 5
(7,092 Views)

Hi Eric,

pImplemented seems indeed to have been the problem. If we remove those entries Labview can open the camera. We'll investigate this further and adjust the XML files accordingly.

Thanks for the swift and efficient help.

Max

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,077 Views)

Hello, I have a FLIR Camera Model A6701sc and I am having the same problem. I tried to fix the problem but I wasnt able to.  I am sending the XML file. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,799 Views)

Hi,

I suggest contacting FLIR as this issue can't be resolved by looking the the XML file alone as it usually depends on contents of live registers. I suggest working with them to make sure the firmware is up-to-date as the first step.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,777 Views)