Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB3 camera for cRIO-9035

If this is the wrong place for this question, please let me know. I wasn't sure where else to ask this. As a preface to the following information, I have no experience with LabView systems and have only dealt with Simulink Real Time machines.

I have an Allied Vision Mako U029B USB3.0 camera (monochrome) which I need to interface with a cRIO-9035 target machine. I notice the target machine only has USB2.0, whereas my camera is USB3.0. I've seen some talk of Basler cameras being usable with NI target machines. Does anyone have any experience or know of a similar use case as this?

If this camera will not work with the USB2.0 port, is there a module add on to the cRIO-9035 which offers USB3.0 ports? I've looked but to no avail.

Also, the computer we are using which is linked to the cRIO unit is USB3.0 capable, so if I cannot interface the camera with the target machine itself, is there a way I can interface it with the other computer and still be able to use information from the computer in a running cRIO control program?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,479 Views)
check this
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F270DE974BF028C486257BF100626B0B
also for idea that you have about open camera in other OP system and use data in CRIO you can convert image to array number and send it to your CRIO to use but it is not recommended action
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,424 Views)