Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture classification

Hello,
I just started on the computer vision domain, and by looking at the rest texture related questions, mine is probably shameful.
Is there a way to classify textures using LabWindows/CVI? The goal is to "look" at defect-free image samples and recognize if it's fabric-A or fabric-B.
I read Vision Assistant is helpful for quickly getting started, so I looked at it and the documentation but I found only about texture defect detection.
Any help would be genuinly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,450 Views)

Try looking for particle analysis example. Particle size should differentiate them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,449 Views)

Same problem. Using LV2012. I need to differentiate between different types of textures. I can train multiple classes in a Particle Classification but the Particle method requires thresholding the images (pre-processing). I bypassed the Particle Classifier program that installs with VDM and wrote a program with the VIs but it gives me error -1074395785 saying that the image samples have no particles in them (because it is expecting a binary image sample or pre-processed image?!). If I try to use the "Texture Defect Classifier" then I cannot use the "IMAQ Classify" VI (throws another error saying it does not work with the Texture Classifier) which means I cannot differentiate one class from another. These are all "Defect Free" textures so I am not looking for defects anyway, just to differentiate. 

I have used the Color Classifier before and that is exactly what I want to do but with Texture (not color, my images are greyscale). 

Any ideas?

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,369 Views)

Here is my custom program... modified from another Forum post to use the Particle Classifier instead of Texture Defects as that was getting me nowhere. Note this program will currently not work because I did not include pre-processing steps as I do not want to pre-process my samples.

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,368 Views)