From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing PCIE 1433

I have a PCIE 1433 card that I am trying to see if it is still working.  Previously I used it with a photon focus camera on another PC.  After spending some time in storage I tried to get it working with the same camera but I cannot open the camera in NI MAX and see anything.  I also cannot connect to the camera in the photonfocus configuration software.  I also tried a Cohu 7800 camera that was in storage but NI MAX also does not seem to be able to get any grabs from it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,426 Views)

bprall,

Are both the frame grabber and the camera showing up in MAX? Are you getting a specific error when you attempt to take a snap or a grab?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,403 Views)

I think I tracked down the problems.  Mainly user error with multiple issues that made sort of trial and error testing annoying.  Camera was defaulted to trigged mode which prevents the status light from responding unless it gets a trigger.  Trying to run it in Ni-MAX locks it up and then prevents it from launching the photon focus application later.  Seems like the best procedure is to:

Verify CameraLink cable is in Port 0 and not Port 1

Open NI-MAX and load proper camera file

Exit Ni-MAX

Launch Photonfocus application

Save Current Settings to file

Reset to Factory setting and make those default

Close Photonfocus application

Open Ni-MAX and try to get a snap to verify the camera is working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,386 Views)

bprall,

I'm glad to hear it's working! Also, thank you for posting the procedure you found to work - this might help others if they run into the same issue.

Thanks,

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,367 Views)