Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target is currently locked...

Hello,

when using the vision assistant i labview, I get "target is currently locked" when it tries to transfer the files to the CVS.

it asks for a password, but is wont accept the ones I have (or blank)

anyone got experience with this?

best regards,

Henrik

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,270 Views)

Has it been like this from the start?

Does the CVS ask for a password if you connect from MAX or VBAI?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,251 Views)

Hi Henrik.

I'm not sure in which way you use the Vision Assistant in order to see this error. I tried to use the Vision Assistant Express VI in a LabVIEW VI, and deployed it to LinuxRT without any issues.

Deployment.png

Did you remember to install the RT Software needed?

RT Install.png

I'm a bit confused why it tries to transfer files using FTP, so can you explain in more details how you go about this? A step-by-step instruction with screenshots in how to reproduce it will be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,225 Views)

Alex, when using the Vision Assistant Express VI on a diagram of a VI that is targetted to a remote target such as a CVS, Vision Assistant tries to ftp the additional files needed for the script to the target (pattern matching templates, OCR character set files etc).

The password that is required is the was that was used to password protect the target in Max. If you enter this one, I am not sure why you would get this message.

If Vision Assistant cannot transfer the files at the time of code generation, you will need to transfer them manually to the "Vision Assistant Files" folder on the target for the Express VI to work properly.

Another solution is to make sure the extra files are located at the same location on the target than when you configured the inspection on Windows.

-Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,213 Views)

This behavior started after I reformatted the target – before this, it was able to transfer the files just fine.

I have tried to change the admin password; I have tried without a password- I have even tried to make new users.

This would not be a big issue if I could just transfer the images myself, but the folder "Vision Assistant Files"” does not exists, and I haven’t got a clue where it should be.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,203 Views)

It should be created at the root of the target.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,200 Views)

Christophe, thanks for the explanation. Now I understand why I didn't saw the same behaviour, as I didn't used any of those functions.

So I tried to make a simple OCR detection. And I get the same behaviour as Ehlert. Vision Assistant asks for a password, and then it fails to transfer the files.

FTP Transfer.png

FTP Error.png

I have tried to use my password for the admin user, and I also tried to leave it blank. Neither works. I also tried to experiment with logging in / out through MAX and then return to LabVIEW, but that doesn't make any difference.

In my view, it seems like a small bug: Why does the Vision Assistant transfer the files to a NI Linux RT target, when FTP support on those targets are legacy??

Work-around

After some testing, I managed to get it to work using some manual file copying.

1) Open Vision Assistant and notice where the needed files are placed. For the sake of easiness, I placed my OCR file on my C drive on my Windows computer.

VissionOCR Train.PNG

2) Then I manually transfer the OCR file to the C driver of the Linux target

Linux.png

Note: The file path specified in the Vision Assistant need to match the file path on the RT target...

3) Run the code. The code now runs without any error.

CodeRunning.png

Ehlert: I hope you can use this work-around??

Christophe: Have you tried to use the Vision Assistant on a Linux RT Target?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
Message 7 of 10
(8,189 Views)

Just a small update:

I found a CAR (bug report) #476578 about this problem. So this is a know error, and they are already considering if FTP is the best solution for Linux targets 🙂 However, it is still open, so we need to use the work-around for now.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,186 Views)

HI Alex,

are there any solutions to the FTP issue? or should I just stick to transfering the files manually for now?

Henrik

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,900 Views)

Alex described the workaround for LinuxRT targets. The problem on LinuxRT targets comes from the fact that for security reasons, the target does not come installed with a FTP server anymore. The transfer protocol that is supported and NI recommends because of better security is webDAV, but you can install the legacy FTP server from Max.

If you do that, and provide the admin user name and password when you get the dialog in Vision Assistant, it should work.

For more information on webDAV, check this link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4EBE45E8A816B19386257B6C0071D025

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,890 Views)