Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize multiple GigE Vision cameras with a hardware trigger

Hi

My network topology is : 4 cameras share 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.

I would like to trigger the cameras with a signal logic of my cam1. The output signal of my cam1 can be assigned to a variety of internal camera signals as ReadOut, Imaging, Exposing...

So, the output signal (syncout1) of the cam1 is connected to the input trigger (line1) of my cam2.
The output signal (syncout1) of the cam2 is connected to the input trigger (line1) of my cam3.
And, the output signal (syncout1) of the cam3 is connected to the input trigger (line1) of my cam4.

After opening the cameras, i configure the cameras for acquisition by specifying the GenICam parameters as you can see in the attached document.

I use the Low-Level Sequence.vi for my cam1 because i want to acquire a specified number of internal buffers. But I don't know the programming techniques for the cameras 2, 3 and 4. I think the call of the IMAQdx Start Acquisition VI is inadequate because the first frame trigger of my cam1 will synchronize to the AcquisitionStart trigger of the others cams.

Could you help me please to create the programming process?

Gilles

(Fr)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,286 Views)

Setup the acquisition for all four cameras, but don't start them.  Cam 1 should run normally.  Cams 2,3,4 should be setup to start on a trigger input.  Once everything is set up, start cams 2,3,4, then start cam 1.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,271 Views)

Thanks Bruce.

I would like each camera acquires 120 frames.

After acquisition, i will save pictures as jpg.

Thus, I have to create 4 (cameras) * 120 (frames) = 480 temporary memory locations.

Before starting cams, in a loop, I call IMAQ Create VI in order to create the temporary memory locations associated with a unique name for each image.

I start cam 2,3,4. Then i start cam 1. Synchronization successful 🙂

Then, in 4 loops, I call IMAQ Get Image VI (Buffer Number Mode) and their iteration-index is connected to Buffer Number In.

However, I get the error message "not enough memory" when i execute with a frame count > 50 frames for each camera.

So, I have to start saving pictures during the acquisition?

There is a better method to get and save all images without affecting the speed at which the images are acquired?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,249 Views)

Hey everybody,

I would like to trigge one camera GigE with one stroboscope.

I want to connect stroboscope to my PC with one jack plug -BNC connector to my PC and the camera by GigE.

I have to use the DaQmx, but I don't to know how I have to trigge my camera with my stroboscope.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,683 Views)