Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for hardwares for real-time infrared + regular imaging acquisition and analysis system

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to assemble a real-time system that can grab infrared + regular images simultaneously (say @ ~10 fps for both images).  Also, it should be able to perform real-time image analysis, and send feedback through DO ports (8 is preferred). I prefer it to be programmed like myRio. Would you help recommending hardwares that can work together for my purpose?

Real-time module: ??? (e.g. myRio)

IR camera: ??? (640*480 or 320*240 resolution) 

Regular camera: ??? (1024 or above resolution)

Thanks!

Young

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Young_Zhao

Hi Young_Zhao!

For the camera, I would recommend getting in touch with Graftek Imaging. NI works closely with Graftek for machine vision applications, and they have a wide array of IR and non-IR cameras:

https://graftek.biz/t/categories/cameras-and-framegrabbers/specialty-cameras

Their contact information should be in the top-right corner of that web page!

As for a myRIO-type controller, sounds like you're looking to use LabVIEW and our Vision Development Module. You should consider reaching out to our sales engineers. We make lots of different controllers and frame-grabbers that would be a good fit, and many of them have expansion cards that will allow them to do DIO. Choosing the right one is a matter of budget and performance (and what camera you would like to use).

You can reach the NI team by calling (877) 387-0015. You should also be able to ask the Graftek engineers about their recommendations for framegrabbers and controllers that would suit their cameras.

I hope this helps! Thanks, and good luck with your application!

Derek B. (esoDerek)
Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,466 Views)

Hey Derek,

Thank you so much for the information! 

Best,

Young

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,459 Views)