cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo Vision and Projected Light

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you K.

BTW, have you caught the depth value(z axis) from these two code? My main purpose is tried to get the value in axis of X, Y and Z.

B.R

Ivan Cheng

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 47
(2,067 Views)

Hello,

yes, the point of stereo imaging is to obtain the depth/distance value of the measured feature/object. One of the codes uses a block matching algorithm (Labview native) for the entire image and the other is based on feature detection (point-to-point matching and depth extraction).

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 47
(2,056 Views)

Hello K,

Could you help me check whether the attached calibration file is ok to generate "Stereo Calibration Data.calib" as I tried several times and changed the path again and again, but still cannot working properly.

Thank you for help.

B.R

Ivan Cheng

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 47
(2,053 Views)

@Ivan0907 wrote:

Hello K,

Could you help me check whether the attached calibration file is ok to generate "Stereo Calibration Data.calib" as I tried several times and changed the path again and again, but still cannot working properly.

Thank you for help.

B.R

Ivan Cheng

Attachment?

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 47
(2,045 Views)

Hello K,

Please see the attachment, thank you for help.

B.R

Ivan

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 47
(2,040 Views)

Hello,

this seems to be the same attachment (calibration) I've posted? The code works ok, I have successfully calibrated my system.

Still, I don't know what is your problem. If you use the code, the program asks you at some point to save the calibration data. If you confirm this, the calibration data is saved in the same folder where the left and the right calibration grid images are.

Best regards,

K

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 47
(2,030 Views)

Hello K,

Thank you for confirming.

I have tried the software under Win 8 and Win XP, but there isn't any calibration data can be generated, i'm not sure what wrong with here.

Do you have any idea for me for this? Or is there any information I could send to you for checking of this again?

B.R

Ivan

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 47
(1,996 Views)

Hi K,

I try several time, but still cannot catch the calibration data in that indication folder.

Could you help to use the screen2.exe (a free software for you record any video in computer) to record all your operation procedure in calibration? I'd like to know if any different wtih me.

Also in the code, I got confusion in a component which is "Learn stereo calibration" in the page1, can you explain what is this and relative funcion for this? I think it was made by yourself.

Thank you.

B.R

Ivan  

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 47
(1,824 Views)

Hello,

please see the relevant steps in the attached image files.

1. After selecting the correct (already) acquired images path and the grid spacing (settings tab), run the program.

2. On the pop-up, select the top-left grid point in both images (these establish a calibration axis origin). Select OK.

3. On the pop-up, confirm to save the calibration data.

4. Find the calibration data in the parent folder of the images you've used for calibration.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

K

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 47
(1,792 Views)

Hi K,

Thank you for help.

Can I know how many left image/right image have been used in your calibration? And to acquire these images whether need to have any movement for each image?

B.R

Ivan

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 47
(1,786 Views)