Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard methods for LCD tests

Hi,
From time to time I need to create vision tests of LCD displays. Usually tested devices are developed by our clients and they have pre programmed test patterns like chess board, RGB planes, grayscale gradients etc.
To test the display I'm creating different fancy algorithms using Vision Assistant in LabVIEW or NI VBAI.
The tests includes color purity test, backlight brightness tests, contrast test, picture stability test etc.

I'm looking for some knowledge source of standard approaches to this subject. How to use those pre programmed patterns in the most efficient way?

Second thing is tool selection. Developed algorithms are used in TestStand sequence. The question is what are the pros and cons of using VA instead of VBAI and vice versa? VBAI is cheaper than IMAQ, that is one advantage for sure.

Regards,

Michal

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,325 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

Hi,
From time to time I need to create vision tests of LCD displays. Usually tested devices are developed by our clients and they have pre programmed test patterns like chess board, RGB planes, grayscale gradients etc.
To test the display I'm creating different fancy algorithms using Vision Assistant in LabVIEW or NI VBAI.
The tests includes color purity test, backlight brightness tests, contrast test, picture stability test etc.

I'm looking for some knowledge source of standard approaches to this subject. How to use those pre programmed patterns in the most efficient way?

You are not alone.  I have almost given up to find that big book that puts all these issues together in a precise in meaningful way ... :manfrustrated:

Last month I have produced a distortion test for an LCD - on demand of a customer that serves the automotive sector.  The algorithm required a branch in the result calculation with the input parameter:  customer.  Great, isn't it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,084 Views)