Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous access from two virtual mashines on one framegrabber

Hello,

is it possiblie to get access from two virtual mashines on one framegrabber. I want only get the information from Cam-A  and transfer it to virtual mashine A. For Cam B and virtual mashine B is it similar.

My problem is that I have to measurements but they have to run at they same time and I want to use the Vision Builder AI for this. If it's right that that  the Vision Builder is able to do only one measurement at the same time.

Another solution could be, to export the vbai to .vi's and import it to LabVIEW, coundn't be?

best regards

phil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,909 Views)

As far as I know, virtual machines cannot access plugin frame grabbers. Are you using GigE cameras (which should work in VMs since they can use GigE ports of PC), or CameraLink cameras (which shouldn't work in VMs since they require plugin frame grabbers)? As far as processing images from two different cameras at the same time in VBAI, You can process images that were acquired at the same time in VBAI, but the processing steps don't execute simultaneously. Do you just need the acquisition to be in parallel or the processing as well. Why does the processing need to happen in parallel (is it for timing/perfromance)? If the inspection is running on windows, you can have two instances of VBAI running at the same time and each instance can process a different camera, but it may be more challenging to coordinate the results of the two different inspections if they need to be combined at some point. If you are acquiring on Windows, you could also use the API in LabVIEW to control the two inspections that are happening in parallel and coordinate the results. See the example of how to use the API here:

\<NI Install directory>\Vision Builder AI 2014\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples

Hope that helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,897 Views)