From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate Image Acquisition Failure

Hello -

I have Vision Builder 2012 using a remote camera device. When I use the simulate image acquisition step in an inspection on this device, it fails (see first error below). Since the error recommended I put the images in the c:User Images directory on the remote device, I did so. I assumed this meant that directory in the zip file the camera was configured using, but I could easily be wrong. Not only did that not work, but after that if I tried to configure the camera again Vision Builder would crash with the second error below.

I considered that this was a memory error, so I tried reducing the folder to one image with no success. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Olivia

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,205 Views)

Hi Olivia,

Does the crash now occur everytime you try to configure the camera? If this is the case you may try repair installing Vision Builder.

Regards, 

Kevin K. 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,174 Views)
open one of example and test if there calling part work or not
if it work it seem you have some problem with your image or location that you use to store image
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,162 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Yes, the crash occurs every time I try to configure the camera. I followed the instructions you provided for me and it didn't change anything. Is there any way to hard reset the camera? I just want to be able to configure it to a folder that was working correctly before I modified it, but I'm unable to even get far enough to change it back.

Also, I ran Tutorial 1 and the simulate image acquisition step worked. The images for the image acquisition are in the configure folder, which is where I tried to put my images. This is what led to the configure crash, though I don't understand why that broke the software.

Thanks for your help.
Olivia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,137 Views)

Where are your images on Windows? You need to match the folder hierarchy on Windows and on the target.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,114 Views)

So, assuming my path on Windows is something like C:\users\path\to\pictures, there would have to be a path users\path\to\pictures in the folder the target is configured with? Does this folder path need to be within a certain directory in the folder?

Also, my main problem now is that I can't configure the target at all anymore without it crashing. I'm worried there's a deeper problem and the camera needs to be reset.

Thanks,

Olivia 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,101 Views)

Hi Olivia,

You mentioned that you are using a "remote camera device". Is this an NI Smart Camera? If so you can reset the camera by following step 3 of this guide. If not, please let us know what kind of camera you are working with. 

Regards, 

Kevin K. 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,070 Views)