Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharpening of image

I'm currently capturing some images with a camera for my thesis. The pictures are not that sharp to do some measurements on them with another program than LabVIEW. In this program I can sharpen the image, so it looks better to perform some measurements. 

Before:

2016-05-14 01.12.51.470 tendon_zijkant_9mm_back&forth.jpg

After:

2016-05-14 01.12.51.470 tendon_zijkant_9mm_back&forth.png

I can't seem to find a sharpening VI in LabVIEW, does this even exist?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,323 Views)

yes you have to use related filter in labview use this vi and try to improve it

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,315 Views)

Hmmm, not the result I've wanted. I've tried all the possibilities. Seems I will have to use another program, :). 

Thanks for your response. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,306 Views)

what I show you is not the absolute answer it is the clue and way to do what you want you just need to develop it to get what you want there is no other way to do that all software have to use this methods to do
so just improve this filters and combine them to get best answer for example you can add edge filter image to original image too
just test some filters in different size and combine them to get best answer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,297 Views)

Hi,

It works but I want final image should color not grey or black and white while I am giving Input as a color image.

For the color image, what should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,171 Views)

Extract color planes (IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane), perform sharpening individually, then re-assemble them (IMAQ Replace Color Plane). I would probably not work on RGB, but HSV or HSI color model and start by sharpening the SI/SV planes without touching the H, but that's just a hunch.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,166 Views)