Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate image to Red, Green and Blue images and filter them

I separated the three color planes and inverted them.  For Red, I subtracted 13% Green and added 9% Blue.  For Green, I subtracted 17% Red and added 5% Blue.  For Blue, I subtracted 11% Green.  I ended up with images that had very faint shadows of the other two.

I am still curious where this image came from and what you are using it for.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,013 Views)
@Bruce

Thank you. I will try that.

This is from an optical system that I developed that is capable of taking an image which is able to take a total of 120 mm in one direction where the camera's real FOV is only 40mm(I.e. with a high resolution).

Sri
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,006 Views)

@Bruce

Color doesd not matter. Only the data i.e. numbers and millimeter markings that I am working with right now.

Sri

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,991 Views)

@Bruce

Can you please share the file you created to subtract and invert colors?

Sri

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,989 Views)

This is the program I used.  It should work with the saved settings, except you will need to change the file path for the image.  You can tweak the settings to see if you get better results.

I did use another program to expand the dynamic range of the image before separating it, but I don't think that would make a difference.  I would probably expand the dynamic range of each color plane before inverting it, but that might change the coefficients for each image you try it on.  Expanding the range just makes the background blacker after inversion.  In case you are wondering, expanding the range is just finding the brightest pixel then using a multiplication factor to make that pixel 255.

This is a LabVIEW program.  I wouldn't want to try this in VBAI.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,978 Views)