Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Tool Adjustment

Hi all, I'm having a problem with our vision systems being tampered with by our maint dept.. I have already made the .vbai's password protected, which helps. Though it also creates a new problem. If someone feels that there are too many invalids, and they can't adjust the program I fear they will start to touch the hardware. Our current setup uses a labview .exe interface that calls up the program tied to our changeover cards. 

Is there a way that I could programatically create variables for the inspection tools. Then restrict how much the tools can be adjusted from their original setting. (I.E. Match pattern 1 has a minimum score of 800, create a slide ranging from  750-850). This will still allow them to make small adjustments, without them getting to the point of passing defect parts. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,380 Views)

Hello ProdEng88,

It is not entirely clear to me whether you are asking your question in regards to VBAI or LabVIEW. However in either programming environment, if you right click on a control and select Data Entry a new menu opens with settings for specifying the maximum and minimum values of that control. This will prevent the variable from being set to values outside of that range. Is this what you are looking to do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,363 Views)

You should identify the steps/parameters where you think it makes the most sense to allow for flexibility. If those params allow for the use of variables/previous results to set the value in VBAI, use them, other wise, you can set those values to least restrictive (i.e. set your match score to the lowest you want to allow), and then use a Calculator or Logic Calculator step to take the results of the step and compare it against a variable to determine if those results should pass/fail. Once you have all this set up, you can have the API from LabVIEW set variables on your VBAI inspection. These VBAI variables allow you to determine the values for the dynamic pass/fail criteria and you can have controls on your LabVIEW front panel update these variables in VBAI. As mentioned in the previous post, the LabVIEW controls can be restricted to only cover ranges of values you want to support.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,359 Views)