From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering AVI file

Hi,

I have a program written in CVI that uses the NI-IMAQ libraries to create an .avi file.  Essentially the program calls imaqCreateAVI(...), then imaqWriteAVIFrame(...) repeatadly to write the frames, and then imaqCloseAVI(...) when it's done.  The problem I have is that the program crashed while it was writing an .avi file (the computer ran out of disk space), so I have an .avi file that was partially written and never "finalized" by calling imaqCloseAVI(...).  I would like to recover the the data if possble, but the .avi file seems to be unreadable - it won't play in Windows Media Player or VLC, and other programs like Avidemux or Gspot also don't recognize the file.  If I try opening it with imaqOpenAVi(..), I get a "Function imaqOpenAVI: (errorCode == -1074395993 [0xbff604a7]). File I/O error."  Any ideas?  What exactly does imaqCloseAVI(...) do?  Unfortunately I can't post the file (it's in the multiple GB range).

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,002 Views)
AS I know you can not save data more that 2 gig for any avi file with labview avi flle and if you do not close this file it will be unreachable and you have to do it again for prevent for such problem you have to make algorithm that any time write file make error your use close avi after that in such case you will not loose your data
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,988 Views)

I've not had any problems going over 2GB in CVI, not sure about Labview.  Obviously not closing the file and crashing is an improvement that needs to be made, but I would still like to recover the file I have if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,960 Views)
yes there is 2 gig limitation for labview 2012 version and upper version
but about recover
use vlc player may it could recover your file
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,946 Views)

Same problem over here, I have 2 files that weren't closed properly and I'd like to know if there is a way tho justo close this files, since all the frames are there.

I tried with VLC, but it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,848 Views)