From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROI Overlay and Magic Wand Real Time

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a project where I have a real time image being processed in LabVIEW. It's fairly basic.The real time image is processed using a thresholding function that would create high contrast between parts of the image. The max intensity pixels are compiled into a separate image on the front panel in real time (image 1). (Note: in 'Image 1.png', the max intensity image is on the bottom panel. The green ROI in the image is irrelevant.)

What I'd like to do is use the magic wand to 'select' the bright regions on the compilation image and then place a color overlay on the bright regions using the ROI created using magic wand. I chose the magic wand since you can click on the front panel to find ROIs. Is it possible to do this with magic wand and a real time image? If not, is there any other way I can do something similar? 

I've attached the LabVIEW file for reference. I based what I have now off of an example that uses Magic Wand for a single image.

Thanks in Advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,951 Views)

Not sure whether i understood your question properly. Let me rephrase it: "You want to have color overlay on the Bright Regions Programatically" is that right?

-Use Particle analysis to get the ROI of each Particle and Use IMAQ Overlay ROI

-Use CleanUp of the code by pressing Ctrl+U or the brush symbol in Block diagram it will help better understanding of the code.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,912 Views)

Thanks for your response udka. So I do want to have a color overlay programatically. However, I forgot to specify in the previous post that I also wanted to fill in the particles with a color after defining an ROI using an image mask. 

So would it be possible to find an ROI of the particles that matches their shapes and then use an image mask to fill in a color? And is that something I can do with Particle Analysis?

I added an image I made in photoshop that kind of shows what I'd like to accomplish. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,903 Views)
Message 4 of 5
(2,896 Views)

Okay, thank you! That seems to be working fairly well. My images are being saved as gray-scale U16 images, so I doubt I can add color mask but do you know if that's possible using the IMAQ Label.vi? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,868 Views)