Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projection matrix on calibration grid

Hi NI community

This topic goes about the projection matrix obtained by using calibration software. I want to know in which terms I can manualy control the outcome of this matrix because I have some demands for my world coordinate system.

My setup consists of a camera and a round surface which is made to rotate objects. I want to calibrate my setup with the NI calibration training or calibration toolkit for Matlab (or are there other software packages you recommend?). I will use multiple images from the calibration grid with one image nicely placed on the rotation surface with one (for NI) dot placed right on top of the centre of the round surface. I want to use this image to determine my projection matrix because of following reasons. I want to place my world coordinate system with its origin on the centre of my surface. If I can tell the software which point is on the centre of my surface, can it compute the translation matrix for me? With that being for the translation I also have a demand for the rotation matrix. I want one plane formed by 2 axises (for example z- and x-axis) aligned with my round surface.

Now my question for you: is it possible to realize with the software from NI or Matlab? If I things aren't clear for you please let me know and I'll explain.

Kind regards

Ruts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,315 Views)