From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic icd selection from LabView?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to Programmatically select a camera ICD and assign/load it to an interface from LabView?

Background: I have a test station that is used with a number of different Camera types (all with their own specific .icd file) and I'd like the end user to be able to simply select the camera they are working with from a drop down menu in the labview test application and not have to navigate through MAX to set up the camera.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,204 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nemi

Hi nemi,

There is no built-in way to programmatically select a camera icd file, but it is possible to do this by parsing through the iid file and modifying the text. This document has more information on how to do this.

Good luck with your application!

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(5,172 Views)

Thanks. Looks like a workable solution. Does it take effect imidiatly? (close vision comms, change icd file, open new comms to new camera)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,167 Views)

You will need to deconfigure grab, read the new file, and then re-configure grab again.  The deconfigure vi is in the advanced tab.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
Message 4 of 6
(5,161 Views)

What kind of camera is this? More specifically, are you using IMAQ or IMAQdx?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,151 Views)

IMAQ cameralink cameras on a PCI 1428.

I may also need to do somethign similar in the future with GigE cameras in IMAQdx but there is IMAQdx enumaration vi and direct access to the properties making the GigE a bit more plug+play so I hope I don't have to.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,103 Views)