cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while executing iterative morphology

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all, 

I am trying to write a VI that takes an input image and applies morphological operations until some stop condition is met (the condition is related with the resulting image). I would like to store the different images obtained in every iteration. I tried doing this with shift registers and also creting an image array. Unfortunately, none of these procedures worked.. By some reason the morphological operation affects my input image, so that all images stored in the array show the result of the last iteration. I tried creating a copy of the image in every iteration with no success. I have created a simplified example to illustrate the problem. I am using a for loop  whiich does n dilations to an input text image. The result I expect is the different dilated images stored in the output array. Does someone know what could be the reason of my problem?

Thanks in advance. 

PS: I am aware I could specify the number of iterations that the VI morphology runs, but I do not know  this number  in advance. I need to apply morphological operations until a condition evaluated in the loop is met. The idea is to pass the resulting image in a shift register and evaluate every dilated image until a given condition is met.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,670 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Arroyo

Make sure you are creating a new image with a unique name for each step that you want to store.  Use the new image as the destination image.

If you use an image with the same name, it is the same image and will be overwritten.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 2 of 2
(3,652 Views)