From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding the transmission of video Through TCP/IP acquired from USB camera

I want to transmit video using TCP/IP protocol acquired from USB camera. Acquisition is done well but when I place the TCP VIs in the acquisition VI then the trouble begins and I can’t even get the video in that particular VI which was acquiring video and working fine previously.

Interesting thing is that both Cam Server and Cam Client VIs was transmitting video in the very first run. After that I don’t know what happened.

I am using lab view 8.2.1.VIs are attached.

Please help me out.

Regard,

Aftab

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(5,020 Views)

Hi Aftab,

I need to install some drivers to test this directly in LabVIEW 8.2, but on the Flatten to String function, you're already prepending the size of the string to its beginning.  What happens when you set those constants to false? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(5,001 Views)

Hi Kyle S,

I am also facing the similar issue rgarding video transmission over TCP.and your suggestion seems not to be working.

any further  help???

Thanking in Advance

Best Regards

shoaib 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,918 Views)

Hello Shoaib,

Are you running the same VI that was posted on this thread or do you have your own? If you are facing a similar problem with your own VI, could you post a screenshot and/or the code that is facing a problem? 

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,890 Views)

Hi Shoaib,

Here's an example I was testing mixing IMAQdx and the Simple TCP/IP Messaging Protocol (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4095) to send up a video client/server app with a USB camera that I was testing with.

Download All
Message 5 of 18
(4,889 Views)

Hi,

i try to run these VIs but simple messaging service VIs are not available in the labview and link for downloading STM refernce library is also not working.

Fawad 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,804 Views)

Hey Fawad,

Which VIs specifically were not loading from the example code that Kyle posted? You will for sure need to install the IMAQ drivers for this to open.

Also, I was able to download the STM library 2.0 installer from this location.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2739

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,785 Views)

hi Logan H.

by running the two vi: server and client, I
this error;

the network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit

Can you tell me why

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,847 Views)

Hi mikhailether,

It sounds like you are getting a timeout error. Are you running the files that Kyle posted? Or which files are you using to accomplish this application?

Best Regards,

Nathan B

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,834 Views)

hi Nato3
regarding the vi is
video client.vi 41 KB and
video server.vi 22 KB
when i run the client, no image aquired , and i this error

The network connection was closed by the peer. If you are using the Open VI Reference function on a remote VI Server connection, verify that the machine is allowed access by selecting Tools>>Options>>VI Server on the server side.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,827 Views)