From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-processing/exporting to Excel in Vision Assistant

I'm currently using Vision Assistant to post-process data from a high-speed digital camera, measuring the height of liquid waves to be specific. I'm currently converting the footage into .avi format, then using the edge detector function to detect the position of the gas-liquid interface, which gives me a set of co-ordinates I can export to excel for each frame (see attached example). Is there an easy way to export the data from the entire series of images into a single excel spreadsheet, rather than one frame at a time? This would save me a LOT of tedious copy/pasting from hundreds of excel files.

I've only been using Vision Assistant for about a week, so sorry if this is a stupid question!

Thanks, Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,967 Views)

Hi,

Vision Assistant has a batch processing feature that is meant for what you're trying to do.

With an AVI, you would first have to load the AVI in the Vision Assistant browser.

- Select File>>Open AVI File, then select your AVI and choose to open all images.

- Click OK.

- Open your Vision Assistant script.

- Select Tools>>Batch Processing.

- For the image source, select Browser (Hard disk only allows to browse through a folder of images - not an AVI file).

- Select the steps for which you want to save the results.

- Enable Save Results.

- Then Click Setup...

- Choose One file for all results.

- Then specify a folder path (make sure it is a directory (not including the file name) and that you have access to that folder.

- Specify a file name in File Prefix if you're logging to a single file.

- Click OK

- Click Run.

The script will be run on all images and the results saved in the file specified.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Christophe

Message 2 of 3
(3,934 Views)

That worked perfectly, thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,919 Views)