From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particle separation: Blob & Line

Hello all,

here is my problem: I have to determine & separate particles, but sometimes I end up in the situation when the image is shifted from the initial background used for subtraction, thus resulting in something like on the image attached - after subtracting the background, thresholding and applying mask.

Tings to mention:

1 - the "line" is not straight;

2 - the particle touches "line" strongly, so that 4-connectivity does not help

3 - IMAQ Separation didn't work as well.

4 - it is binary, threshoded to the maximal possible not destroying the particle

5 - Erosion 2 even 3 does not work here, higher is not possible - it might destroy the other small particles to be detected

Any ideas hot to programmatically cut the particle from the line and remove the line afterwards?

Many thanks in advance!

Ilya

LineAndCell.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,070 Views)

DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD

this is a duplicate of http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Particle-separation-Blob-amp-Line/m-p/3662935

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,042 Views)