Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particle Analysis from .avi

Hi,

I'm trying to modify Particle Analysis Orientation example to be able to work with .avi file. When the vi runs, the avi file plays but the particle analysis doesn't, so I don't know what is the error...

I'll appreciate any input.

The vi is attached.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,773 Views)

Can you also post a screen shot of your vi?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,770 Views)

Hi Muks,

I'll post a screen shot of the vi running in about an hour when I'll get to the lab.

Here is the avi that I used (so you can run it if you have vision package).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,768 Views)

I am leaving for the day. I will post the solution tomorrow. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,766 Views)

Thanks Muks.

Here is a screen shot of the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,759 Views)

You have not connected the imag dst to imaq create in the threshold vi. Connect one. Right click the output image choose palate and choose binary image display.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,731 Views)

Hey remember to put the imaq create outside the while loop to avoid flickerring of the output image. Why are you using a for loop use a direct reshape array and define the dimension =  parameters you want and you will get the output in a 1d array.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,728 Views)

Hi Muks,

I apologize for not replying earlier, but I was out of the office. Thanks for your help.

I've tried to implement your first recommendation (I'll do the second once particle analysis will work), but it still doesn't work.

Please review the attached files-- front & back panels.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,643 Views)

Also, when I use particle analysis in real time the image source and distribution are connected to the same wire (see attached file), so I thought it should work in the same manner when analyzing an avi....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,631 Views)

When I tried to debug the software it showed that the image type isn't appropriate-- the IMAQ AVI Get Info sends out an RGB U32, and the particle analysis vi's don't like it. So I've tried to change the image to grey scale but the I only see a black screen.... Any idea how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,602 Views)