From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe-1430 and Windows 10

Are there any known issues with the drivers for the PCIe-1430 and Windows 10 - in particular, with update KB3201845? I have been unable to use the PCIe-1430 with Windows 10 since this update installed.

I tried temporarily uninstalling this update, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,525 Views)

Hi notanalias999,

My best guess is that a repair reinstall of the NI software is the best way to fix this.  That seems to be the usual fix when a Windows update causes our hardware/software to not work.

If that doesn't work, we'll need more information to begin troubleshooting. To get started, we'll likely need screenshot of the device in MAX along with a description of what you are trying to do vs what is happening.  If you are getting any error messages, a screenshot of the error message(s) would help with that as well.

Regards,

George B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,474 Views)

The Windows 10 Device Manager does not recognize the card. We also tried the card on three other computers (two with Windows Vista and one with Windows 😎  and got similar results. As a result, we are reasonably certain that there is a hardware malfunction. 

If there is a way to troubleshoot the card, we would like to know what the troubleshooting procedure is. If not, we would like an RMA number and an estimate of how long it will take to replace the card.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,462 Views)

Ni notanalias999,

Without looking into this too much, I would agree that if 3 different computers aren't recognizing the card in Windows Device Manager that 

According to the sources below, you'll need to create a service request with NI.  An application engineer should be able to help you from there to create an RMA number and transfer you to the RMA department.

Sources:

Hardware Repair Policy - https://www.ni.com/services/warranty_repair_policies.htm

Hardware Services Program - https://www.ni.com/pdf/legal/us/hardware_services_program.pdf

Regards,

George B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,451 Views)

Hi!

We have exactly the same problem with our PCIe-1430 card. Just a few months after the card was purchased it stopped operating. Is there any known issue with these cards, e.g. if they can not be used in certain systems, NI software or PCI slots except that what is specified in the manual?

Valery

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,674 Views)

Hey Valery:

I think that for visibility of your question maybe you could post a new thread instead of writing on this old one.

But to understand better your system, what are:

1) Your OS?

2) Your camera?

3) Your version of Vision drivers? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,656 Views)

Dear cdiaz95,

Thank you for your reply. Please move my question to a new thread if this will be better and if this is possible.

We are using:

1) Windows 7 (Enterprise) OS

2) PCO.2000 dual-frame PIV camera

3) NI MAX 14.5.0f0 with NI-IMAQ 14.5.0

The card was working well at the beginning and stopped working (disappeared from the list of devices in the system) after about one month of operation. 

Is there any particular hardware/software combination which is not recommended for this card?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,651 Views)